4th Echelon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness is Kin

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Potter
Splinter Cell/ Site Informant
Potter

Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Well since i wrote a review about Double Agent, I thought i would do one on Conviction

Note: So far this is only for the Story Mode...havent tried the rest yet. Also tend to repeat myself!

So i have been waiting for Conviction to come out for as long as i can remember...even through the 'Old ConViction'. The old one i really did not like, then i heard that it was to be redeveloped and thought thank god. So i finally got the game on the 16th April 2010 and i say it was worth the wait...well maybe not 4 years wait, but near enough. As soon as i started the game up i went straight onto the story mode...as i loved the Double Agent Story. I decided to do it on normal to begin with as i could always do the other modes whenever i wanted really, so right from the off i was hooked, they opened the story brilliantly with grim apparently shooting sam. This was brilliant. The first mission began and i was really impessed with the graphics for the game, when my brother seen the advert for it on the TV he thought it was a movie lol. The new gameplay i admit i wasnt sure about, but kept an open mind and it paid off as i found it brilliant. The redifined stealth game was a hit with me as you had the option to go in all guns blazing or just to sit back and work your way through, like on Kobins Mansion mission...there was 4 guards there looking for me, i COULD of took them out easily but i found another way which i did not have to do that, this impressed me.

So that was the gaming side of it, now to the story...

The stroy was simply brilliant. the twists and turns that the story took were fantastic and the emotion you could see that Sam was feeling made you feel as if you were right there with him - they did this by projecting images or writing onto walls - example right after you speak with Grim at the 3E HQ you saw the writing 'Anger' projected onto the wall....this along with the story and projected movies made it really good. The twist that Sarah was still alive was quite good, as i thought that it could be possible, but never actually thought that She would be alive...the story about Lambert i was shocked to hear as i thought that Lambert was good....after thinking about it i decided he did the right thing lol...i thought that Grim was lying about the whole thing and this added a unexpected turn to the story as i was going through thinking - is she a double agent or not? The final scenes and mission were terrific...albeit a little difficult at the 1st attempt they really played it out well and this answered all the questions that needed to be answered which was brilliant.

The only dissapointment in the game for me was the fact that Lambert really was dead :'(. I understand why they did this though as two people died in the last installment nad it would of been farfetched to bring them both back - so really, after thinking about it - there really are no dissapointments. Very Happy

My Rating For Conviction : 5/5...Brilliant

Sorry if it is a bit long lol
Back to top Go down
SoInfahmust
EliteSplinterCell/Site Manager
EliteSplinterCell/Site Manager
SoInfahmust

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:55 pm

good review. Felt exactly the same about the game.
Back to top Go down
https://4echelon.rpg-board.net
DreJ1212
EliteSplinterCell/Forum Manager
EliteSplinterCell/Forum Manager

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Good review. I really like how sam is more involved in the story. In the other games honestly he was just there.
Back to top Go down
kierons316
SplinterCell
SplinterCell
kierons316

Location : Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:09 am

I'll read that once I complete the game No

Still ant done it Sad

I said that I didn't think it was all that hard. I changed my mind. Some levels are a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Potter
Potter

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 am

Yeh near the end is the worst...found it quite hard lol...even on normal difficulty
Back to top Go down
Potter
Potter

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 am

Ahh good morning Kieron
Back to top Go down
kierons316
SplinterCell
SplinterCell
kierons316

Location : Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 am

Finally completed it Very Happy Crying or Very sad

Very Happy Great review Potter, I agree totally. I loved the writing on the wall the 'Welcome Home' made me think yea, I'm back & this time I'm taking you out. Also, when you found out the truth about Lambert's involvement with Sarah. Sam's world got turned completely upside down, & the writing portrayed this. Totally loved the walking away speach at the end once you spare Reed. Tried the alrernate ending by killing him, didn't like the way it just ended.

I said about the demo that I didn't think it was all that hard on realistic. Well, the game, on realistic, was a bitch! Took me countless attempts to do quite a few parts of the game. At least it gets you thinkin big time about different stratergies.

Crying or Very sad The biggest flaw about the game for me... picture this.. you've been detected, you run back, enemies are chasing you, you see a ledge you can jump up to so you look up & press A. Then Sam bends down & swaps a silenced SC3000 for a noisy as hell AK 47. Annoying. This happened a few times. It might have been me not timing the jump right I don't know, but it was a pain lol

Another thing, I did manage to complete the game on realistic throughout, though I didn't get the achievement for it Sad

I'd give the game 9 / 10

Well, maybe 9.5 / 10

Tried the first 2 Co-op levels with Potter. Finished the 1st one, had a power cut though through the 2nd Evil or Very Mad but I hopes Potter aint mad so we can try again tonight Smile

I just love how you get to work as a team to do an actual mission. A little like Double Agent with bots, but totally different. This aint a hack terminal / death match. This is stealth at it's best. Although, Potter has a habit of getting detected though teehee Rolling Eyes (or that might be me lolz)
Back to top Go down
Potter
Potter

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Well i was furious lol....o/j....we both have a habit of been detected...then a pain when one of us goes down(usually me)

I will however continue the co-op tonight....although i will be on from 5-7:30/8 as i will be watching the football....we will see anyway....just realised flashforward is on tonight !!!!!!!!! gunna have to watch it in the morning if i watch the footie...sorry just typing my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]   Conviction: My Review And Views  [May Contain Spoilers] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conviction: My Review And Views [May Contain Spoilers]
Page 1 of 1